Monday, June 23, 2008

Bringing Flower Punches to Life

I belong to a card club called Stamp 'N Nutz. We meet once a month, and each month there is a demonstration where we learn a new technique. Yesterday we learned what to do with flower punches to make them more exciting. Instead of just putting flat embellishments on the page, we did a couple of tricks to make them look 3D and layered them for a really neat effect. And, we got enough punched flowers to bring them home and play around some more, so that's what I did. Here are the finished cards...








I just love this idea! Now I need to get some flower punches...I only have a few small ones right now. I think out of everything I made, my favorite was the tag with the flower 'topiaries.' The leaves and the flower pots are punches too. I'll have to find out where to get some, because I'm not sure what brand they are.

I guess I need to work on my picture taking ability, too. Just bear with me until I find a spot with good lighting. I think part of the problem was that the paper has a shimmer to it, so my camera wasn't quite sure what to focus on. (it sounds like a good excuse, doesn't it?!?!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are so-o cute!

A quick note to say thanks for entering the giveaway yesterday and stopping by my blog!

Hope to see you again...