Monday, June 23, 2008

Crockpot Recipe - Salsa Chicken

I found this recipe at Lauren's Kitchen, and I decided to give it a try. We're always rushing on Monday evenings, so it's nice to have something ready to eat when I get home from work. I especially love that the recipe calls for FROZEN chicken breasts. How much easier can it be? My husband said we need to have chips with it next time, because it needed a little crunch. I guess that means he liked it!

Crockpot Salsa Chicken
  • 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, frozen
  • 1 envelope of taco seasoning
  • 1 cup fresh salsa
  • 1 can of cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
Place chicken in crockpot. Sprinkle taco seasoning over the chicken. In a bowl, combine the salsa and the soup, pour over chicken. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. Just before serving, stir in the sour cream. Serve with rice or tortillas.

I didn't have any fresh salsa in the fridge, so I just used what I had in a jar in the fridge. I think fresh would've made it better, so I'll make sure I make some up to use when I want to have this again. I used cream of mushroom soup, because we like mushrooms at our house, and I used reduced fat sour cream. I served it over steamed white rice, and I added corn and black beans to the rice because I thought it sounded good. I sprinkled some shredded colby jack over the top and added a spoonful of sour cream. Yum!

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Looks like you are off to a great start with your blog. I'm going to try out your receipe, sounds really good. Thank you for stopping by my blog today. Love the flowers cards.