Friday, July 25, 2008

Thank You Note and Christmas in July!

I made these last weekend at my church's scrapbooking night. Not scrapbooking really, but I just wanted to make some cards. First, I made two thank-you notes. I used one of my Sizzix dies to cut the bookplate. The stamp is from the SU set Short and Sweet, and the paper is Confetti and Daisies by Creating Keepsakes. The ribbon is from Hobby Lobby. I used my edge distresser to make the layers stand out a little more.


Then, I did something really scary! I made some Christmas cards. Yes, I know it's only July, but Christmas will be here before we know it. I found this fantastic Cream & Green Holly Printed Paper by Die Cuts With a View at Jo-Ann, and I bought every sheet they had left because I loved it so much.

I had a holly stamp by Alias Smith & Rowe that was similar to the paper, so I stamped and embossed it in gold and colored it with my Sakura Gelly Roll Glaze pens to give it a little texture. I outlined the diamond with my gold Zig pen.

The gold stickers in the corners were from my stash.

The message inside is by Hero Arts, and it's embossed in gold, too.

I started using my scanner for these pictures and it's working a LOT better. I updated the pictures below, too.

Hope you enjoy these! Maybe I'll have time this weekend to work on some new creations, but no more Christmas cards for a while.

No comments: