Tuesday, August 19, 2008

EASY & DELICIOUS: Peanut Butter Pie

It was my turn to take the treat to our Bible Study on Monday, and I had no idea what I wanted to make. I did know that I wasn't excited about turning on the oven. I looked around on Allrecipes.com, and found a recipe for no-bake peanut butter pie. I read the reviews and changed it up a little, and it turned out great! Here's a picture:


Everyone thought I bought it at the store, which I'm pretty sure was a compliment. Then, when they found out I actually made it, they all asked for the recipe! This recipe makes 2 pies, which is fine because you can just store the extra one in the freezer until you need it. Unfortunately, I don't have any left, so I guess I'll have just have to make it again! Here's the recipe, with my tweaks.

Easy No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie

8 oz. cream cheese, softened (I used light)
1 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
1 cup peanut butter

1 cup milk
2 prepared 9 inch Oreo pie crusts
2 16 oz containers whipped topping, thawed (I used light)
8 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, chopped

Mix cream cheese and confectioner's sugar. Add peanut butter and milk and stir until smooth. Fold in 1 container of whipped topping. Divide the mixture into the two pie crusts, and put the pies in the freezer to set for at least 15 minutes. Then, top the pies with the remaining container of whipped topping and sprinkle with the chopped Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Cover the pies and freeze them until you're ready to serve.

2 comments:

Emily ~ Little Window Shoppe said...

This does look good! I have a weakness for desserts. :)

Annemarie said...

You are making me hungry.