Monday, August 18, 2008

Random things...

My new car...
I got over my indecisiveness last Thursday, and I picked the Hyundai Tuscon. I've been really busy, but I will get some pictures of the real thing soon. It looks just like this. I definitely don't regret my decision--I really love it! In fact, the only thing I don't like about it is that I have to make payments, which isn't something I can get around easily. It will be fun to drive on the trip to North Carolina next month.

My giveaway winnings...
I've been getting little presents in the mail ever since Chilihead's Bloggy Giveaways carnival. I'm just waiting on a couple more things, and then I'm going to do an entire post on the things I won and the wonderful people who sent them to me. It will have links and pictures and all of that fun stuff. I think the best part of all this was finding new blogs to visit, although I do really enjoy getting things via snail mail. You might not hear from me for a while after this post because I got a whole box of computer games today. Fun!

Back to school...
By the end of the week, pretty much everyone in the area will be back to school. Katie starts 7th grade on Wednesday! I was reading the paper online the other day and I thought this was a funny little article about the way things are now compared to what they used to be: School Supplies - Then vs. Now.

Bible Study...
This Beth Moore study I'm working on is really intense, but I just know it's going to be worth all the hard work. I seriously think I've learned more about the Bible in the last 2 weeks than I have in the last 10 years! It's amazing. Here is a verse from one of this week's lessons that really spoke to me:
"I will lie down and sleep in peace,
for you alone, O Lord,
make me dwell in safety."

-Psalm 4:8 (NIV)
I'm trying to think of a way to put this in my bedroom where I'll see it every night. I tend to wake up in the middle of the night with my mind running full speed, and this verse is so comforting. And with that, I'm off to bed. Good night!

No comments: